We take seriously our responsibility to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Child protection is part of our safeguarding process and focuses on protecting individual children identified as suffering, or likely to suffer, significant harm.
We promote the welfare of children by:
- creating a positive school atmosphere
- teaching children about safety through our curriculum
- following agreed procedures and ensuring all staff are trained and supported to respond appropriately and sensitively
- supporting pupils who may need additional, emotional support
If you have a safeguarding concern, contact Mrs Ramet in the first instance via the school office. In her absence, contact Mrs Randall, Miss Withers, Mrs Griffiths or Mr Appleby. Outside of school hours, contact the Essex Safeguarding Children Board.
Further Advice & Guidance
Section 175 of the Education Act 2002 places a statutory responsibility on our governing body to have policies and procedures in place that safeguard and promote the welfare of children who are pupils of our school.