Absence From School
Please telephone the school office if your child cannot attend school and follow the NHS guidelines below.
Potential COVID-19 Symptoms
If children have any of the recognised COVID symptoms, it is recommended they stay at home for 3 days. If they are well enough, it is expected they will continue their learning from home via Google Classroom.
Good ventilation, respiratory and hand hygiene remain essential. Hand sanitizer is still readily available around school and children are using this before eating and after sneezing.
- a high temperature or shivering (chills) – a high temperature means feeling hot to touch on their chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- shortness of breath
- feeling tired or exhausted
- an aching body
- a headache
- a sore throat
- a blocked or runny nose
- loss of appetite
- feeling sick or being sick
We can administer prescription medicine to your child, with your signed consent, following the instructions on the label. Please complete a medical form from the office.
If you would like advice about your child’s health, contact our school nursing team: